My Kitchen is the heart of my home. My friends and family gather here while I cook and the kitchen is where we spend the majority of our time. Since I love to cook, the kitchen is the most important room in my house.
Brick accents, white cabinets, open shelving, a farmhouse sink, unique lighting, eclectic seating and vintage inspired rugs – I LOVE MY KITCHEN. I wanted a diverse, industrial farmhouse feel that was still homey and comfortable.
So many people think everything has to be matchey-matchey, and that isn’t true. It’s not necessary to have only one type of metal or rubbed finish. I have just about all of them. Using coordinating colors throughout the kitchen area helps. It’s also important to pay attention to light fixtures, drapes and rugs – because they really help tie in the space!
Whatever you decide to do in your own kitchen just make sure it is a space you enjoy. It is not something that should be completed over night. Put thought into each and every décor item you place in your kitchen because it is the details that tie it all together.
1 Spring of Mint
3/4 ounce Light Agave Nectar, Such as Wholesome Sweetener’s
1 3/4 ounces Citrus Vodka
3/4 ounces Lemon Juice
- In a shaker, muddle together mint and strawberries
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Shake vigorously with ice for 20 seconds
- Pour entire contents of shaker into a tall glass. (Include all of the mint and strawberry pulp.)
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
6 Skinless, Boneless Checkin Breast Halves
1 pint Grape Tomatoes, Sliced
1 Medium Onion, Diced
1 cup Chopped Fresh Basil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar, to Taste
1/4 cup Olive Oil, or to Taste
Prep: 15 min.
Ready In: 30 min
- Heat 2 cups of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the eggs and bread crumbs in 2 separate bowls. Dip chicken in the eggs then in the bread crumbs to coat. Place chicken in the skillet and fry until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towel.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, onion and basil. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Spoon over the fried chicken to serve.
Bundle of Asparagus
- Cut Ends off of Asparagus
- Wrap Bacon Around Smaller Bundles of Asparagus
- Make a Marinade with Olive Oil, Garlic Salt and Pepper
- Brush on Asparagus Bundles in a Pan
- Bake for 15 min. or until Bacon is Cooked. If Bacon Needs More Time to Cook, Broil on high for a Few Min.